Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles :: Monster Patrol


My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.

One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Monster Patrol.



Lately, when the weather has been nice,
 the boys have been grabbing their
"weapons box" from the playroom
and heading outside to play monster patrol.


They spread out in the yard
to hunt for monsters, dragons, zombies,
or any other ne'er-do-wells
who may be lurking in the woods.


Mostly they just stomp
around the yard and accuse various trees
of wrong doing.


Sometimes they assign different calls
to let each other know where they are on the property
or if they need help taking a bad guy down.


 They take their patrolling very seriously
and will play this in the yard for hours.


Mostly they just hit things.

I will never get tired 
of watching these boys use
their imaginations.

I feel much safer
knowing our Monster Patrol
has surveyed our land.

1 comment:

Vodka Logic said...

Love the box of weapons, nice pictures. We are getting pounded with snow here.