Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 42


Our Christmas tree ornaments 
make me ridiculously happy.

Each one holds a special memory.
I just love this nest my mom and Koen
made together last year, 
those little thumbprint chicks are so sweet.


Lately, I've found myself stopping
in front of the tree as I pass by
and reflecting on each ornament.


When we were decorating,
we couldn't find one box in storage
that held all of our non-breakable ornaments.

We searched high and low and finally gave up.
 I was sooo sad until I remembered
 where I'd put them the next day.
 

So, now I have even more of
 an appreciation to see them hanging.


I know that it's silly that
a grown woman gets so excited
about a Christmas tree


but I treasure the memories attatched
to each decoration


and love to have them
visit us for a short time each year.

    


Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


5 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, I'm exactly the same way...which is why we have 5 big trees. :) LOVE that little nest ornament.

Angelwithatwist said...

The nest ornament is adorable and so creative. I have 3 trees but one hit retirement this year and so some of the ornaments had to be sorted, until we can replace the tree they used to reside on..

Unknown said...

So sweet I love the nest!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty tree

Linda D. said...

Beautiful! Your photos shine!