Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 36


Roger and I escaped for the weekend 
and went to my Father-in-law's hunting preserve,
just the two of us.

I had the mornings to myself
while Roger left early to go hunting
and had the best view to look at
while I did some much needed writing.


Later in the day, we hopped on
4 wheelers and played in the dirt.
It's just so fun to feel the air 
rushing over me as I speed down dirt roads.


We hiked in the woods and searched for arrowheads.
We may have stopped to smooch
here and there beneath the shade of the trees.


I even did some target practice, just for fun.
It was my first time shooting a rifle 
and I'm not going to lie,
it was pretty exciting. 

I did pretty good, for a first timer.

There's a little country girl living in me
that just feels so happy when I play in South Georgia.
 
   


Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.




4 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Wow...that sounds lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds like a lot of fun!

Pieni Lintu said...

Sounds great. :-D

Gina Kleinworth said...

That looks like a really good time - so happy you were able to get away.