Tuesday, August 13, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 24


Yesterday was the first day of school round these parts.
I love the excitement of a new school year starting.

Even the preparations are fun.
When I was a little girl I adored going to the store
and buying my school supplies.

I still feel that little burst of joy
when we fight all the crowds 
and buy up pencils and folders and all
the other stuff on their list.

It makes me happy to take
the obligatory first day of school picture,
where everyone is squeaky clean
and full of anticipation
for what the day will bring their way.

The goodbye kisses are the sweetest
and then coming home to an empty house
after a long crazy summer
is just the best.

Silence.
The first day of school is a beautiful thing.

I'd love for you to read 
my post from yesterday
that I wrote during
those first moments of reflection
after dropping them off at school.

It came from the heart.

  


Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.




7 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Hope they have another great year!

Pieni Lintu said...

My son started 2nd grade today. :)

Unknown said...

Love this! I too love the silence back to school brings but miss the chaos too.

Gina Kleinworth said...

How fun for them- I love shopping for supplies too. Hope they have a great year.

SarahMarie said...

I've got one week until my kiddos are back in school... I don't think I'm ready! :)

Unknown said...

Certainly so, I love that back to school shopping!

Unknown said...

We headed back to school as well.