Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 5


We celebrated Koen's 4th Birthday over the weekend. 


It was sweet and simple homespun party.
My mom made these cute little cupcakes
with Dinosaur eggs on them and orange frosting,
all at Koen's request.


The children watched a dinosaur presentation
and were able to touch real dinosaur bones and fossils.
They were all mesmerized. 


The weather was perfect for a "Dino dig".
Each kid grabbed a shovel
and searched for bones and teeth.


They found some amazing stuff.


Even the big kids had fun
making discoveries.


Koen felt a little nervous when it was 
time for everyone to sing Happy Birthday.
A moment after this photo was taken
he broke out into big ol' crocodile tears.

He cried during the entire song
while hiding in my chest.

It's hard being the 4-year-old birthday boy
but it was still super cute.



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.




5 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a fun party theme!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What an awesome birthday- wishing him a very fun year!!

Unknown said...

Awe, what cute shy guy!

Stephani Cochran said...

Awww, this is the second post I've read today where the birthday boy cried! Just can't stand all that attention I guess. I happened upon here today so I linked up. Neat meme. I don't know if I'll have something every week, but I'd like to join in when I have something to offer! Thanks for hosting!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is always my least favorite part of the party also. I really don't like that song.