Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Rhythm of Summer : Week 4

Summer is in full swing
and in an effort to make sure
that I don't just plop my kids in front of the TV all day,
I am pulling out all the stops
to keep my children engaged and entertained.

I plan to document some of our
simple summer adventures here each week.

Here's what we've done recently...

DSC_0281-3

Stomped around the house like monsters.

DSC_0288_1

Pouted and refused to leave the library to go to lunch.

DSC_0353-2

Defeated a dragon.

DSC_0380

Had a water gun battle..

DSC_0272-2

Played in the woods with friends.

DSC_0283-2

Said good morning to a goat.

DSC_0312-2

Performed death defying stunts.

DSC_0303-2

Conducted a science experiment
that Griffin came up with.

The directions are simple...
put a toy in a cup of water,
put cup in the freezer,
wait until toy freezes in cup,
dump frozen toy into a bowl,
marvel as the ice melts and the toy emerges.


Cheap and simple entertainment at it's best!

5 comments:

Linda D. said...

Awesome!

Caroline said...

Ha! I love it! "Pouted and refused to leave the library!" I know EXACTLY what you mean! You always keep it real, Leigh!

xo

p.s. great photography--as always!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Simple fun. I love it!

Susan Anderson said...

Good times!

=D

Unknown said...

I loved the walk in the woods that was so precious him holding her hand..