Tuesday, March 13, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness : Week 1

Photobucket

Playing board games with my family makes me happy
I used to love playing games when I was a kid
so it's super fun for me to play with my kids as an adult.

Photobucket

There are so many life lessons
to be learned while playing a game of Monopoly.
We take the time to explain the rules
and hopefully teach sportsmanship in the process.

Photobucket

Koen is too young to follow the rules,
so mostly he just rolls the dice
and tries his hardest to wreck the board.

It's even fun to watch an almost 3 year old
navigate his way through a game made for older kids.

So, we learn patience
while he learns self control.
There is a heavy dose of
encouragement to be found as well.

Photobucket

The agony of having to pay the banker
teaches consequences and follow through.

Photobucket

I treasure the time spent
teaching and learning through play.

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


14 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

We have a huge collection of games and our boys LOVE "family game night". Simple joys, for sure!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

We love board games in our house too. Patience is definitely learned as well as being a good sport.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I love monopoly.

Linda D. said...

The biggest gift of games is the time you share with your kids! Enjoy!

SarahMarie said...

How fun! We just started playing board games with my 3.5 yo twins. It's trying, but fun. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

How fun Leigh! I love family game time too! So happy we are starting another year of happiness with you!!!

Susan Anderson said...

It's good that you enjoy playing board games with them. I enjoyed playing as a child, but when I was a mom I found myself calling them "bored games."

I think kids love it when we play these games with them, and I did sometimes, but my heart was never in it like yours is.

You are making them happy!

=)

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

YAY for finding happiness... I think this is my 3rd time around with you :) You are wonderful for starting this!! I look forward to Tuesday everyweek :) Love playing board games! They sure do make us Happy :)

Susan said...

A little friendly competition is always a good thing. :-) Looks like a fun version of Monopoly!

Unknown said...

Monopoly has always been a favorite of ours too!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Any time you get to spend with kids playing games is time well spent if you ask me.

Andrea said...

Ooh, your marvel monopoly looks a little cooler than our littlest pet shop one! Excited to link up for the 52 week startup tomorrow!

Caroline said...

We are really getting into board games now too except ( just like you described) Oliver likes to wreck the games! I didn't play many board games with my family growing up so it's always been something I wanted to do with my own fam!
I love the new button for this years happiness project! Super cute!
My hard drive went out on my computer weeks ago so I have been doing everything on my tiny iPod. Argh! I'll be by more often once we install out new hard drive ( possibly today?)

GretchenP said...

i totally fizzled out last time but now that you're back to week 1 maybe i can follow along! love this linky! thank you :)