Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles :: The Thrill of a Hill

I'm realizing that my days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

<span class=

The Thrill of a Hill.

We have a very long driveway that has a slight incline.
It's just enough of a hill that it is perfect for gliding
down it on a Big Wheel and Front Loader.

The boys think that it's the funnest thing ever.

They line up at the top of the driveway
and wait for me to shout
"On your mark, get set, GO!"

Photobucket

The sound of the tires turning over the concrete
makes our hearts pump faster
as Griffin's Big Wheel picks up a little speed.

Photobucket


Koen doesn't seem to mind that Daddy
holds the front of his Frontloader to guide him.
He squeals and shouts and smiles the whole way down the driveway.

It's quite a thrill.

Photobucket

Griffin thinks he is a stuntman as he rounds
the corner and yells "Look ma, one hand!"

He pushes back on the pedals
and the Big Wheel drifts for a moment.

He looks so satisfied as it screeches to a halt.

Photobucket

Then they push them back up the hill
and the whole thing starts all over again.

I will always cherish these days
that are filled with simple pleasures.

All these boys need is the smallest of hills to have fun.

I'm linking up with The Paper Mama today
for Wordless Wednesday!

5 comments:

Linda D. said...

Love the photographs! You captured the energy and fun of "flying" down a hill and squealing with delight. Brought back memories of my own kiddos playing so many years ago!

Katherine said...

My boys love riding their Tonka truck down the hill in our back yard. I'm pretty sure that was never an intented use for the yellow dump truck, but wow, they love it.

vanilla said...

You are so right to cherish these moments. This morning I passed a worksite where my son was finishing concrete. Forty-five years ago, he was the "little boy" flying down the drive. I am proud of his journey through life.

Caroline said...

Having boys is AWESOME!!! You are such a cool mom. I am taking notes so that when Oliver is older!

Susan Anderson said...

I remember those days of big wheels so fondly. Enjoy them, Leigh. They grow up so fast...

"/