Thursday, July 8, 2010

You Capture :: All American Dessert

The assignment for You capture was America.
What's more American than a yummy dessert
to eat as you celebrate Independence Day with friends and family?
I found a recipe in a 1958 issue of Ladie's Home Journal.

Photobucket

Peach Casserole with Marble Cake Mix.

I just love the recipes of the 1950's.
Those ladies loved to toss just about anything into a casserole dish
and then stick it in the oven.
I decided to strap on my apron
and give the recipe a try that I spied
in a Betty Crocker ad.
If it involves making a cake from a box
then I am willing to grab my mixer and mix it up.

I'm not too proud.

I made this for two different 4th of July celebrations
and both times it was a smashing success.

Here is the oh-so-easy recipe.

Peach Casserole with Marble Cake Mix

Spread 1 Package prepared vanilla pudding in ungreased
13x9 pan or shallow 3 qt casserole dish.

Arrange canned, drained, sliced peaches over pudding.

Pour cake batter over peaches.

Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.

Makes 15 to 18 servings.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Caroline said...

YUMMMMMMM. Oh my good gravy, I just want to put my head in the computer and eat the picture. I've had a mad sweet tooth this pregnancy. I'll have to try this one!

JennyMac said...

That easy? And a smash hit? That is fantastic and it looks perfect.

R Montalban said...

Yum yum, if is as good as the marmalade casserole then my goodness this will another treat and several more harder sessions at the gym!

Karen Mortensen said...

Looks good.

tiarastantrums said...

glad to hear everyone enjoyed it!

Amber D said...

Yumm can you bring some over here?

DASH Photography said...

Mmmm... yes please! :)

Unknown said...

are there any leftovers? that is the telltale sign of a hit. lol!

looks delish!

Unknown said...

DELICIOUS! I'm salivating over here...

Vanessa said...

You know, I love peaches but have never liked peaches baked in desserts -- but that DOES look good!!