Monday, May 17, 2010

I'll Stop the World and Melt with You.

<span class=

The amazing view at Vogel State Park.

We are back from our amazing trip to the mountains. We had a bit of good fortune because Dave FM was having a Flashback 80's weekend on the radio.
Being that my inherited Lincoln Towncar has no CD player, this made our weekend so much more fun. We drove through the mountains with the windows down and sang REM, The Cure, The Smiths, and Jane's Addiction songs at the top of our lungs. The radio in the cabin was tuned to that station as well so the cabin was filled INXS, The Go Go's, David Bowie, and all the other fun artists that made being a kid in the 80's so awesome.

Saturday night, the most delicious storm rolled in. We drank White Russians and sat on the porch swing to watch the storm. The sound of the raindrops falling all around us seemed to wash away all of the stresses of life and parenthood. The lightning flashed, the thunder cracked, Roger put his arm around me, and we looked at each other and smiled. It's the simple moments that I enjoyed the most.

(We got back late so I will post the winner to Freakshow Friday as soon as I think that our judge is awake. I don't want us to have a cranky judge from being woken up by an early morning phone call. Please check back later!)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

OH wow that view is gorgeous.. I wanna weekend away with hubby..

Babes Mami said...

sounds amazinga and looks beautiful!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

That view is fabulous! Glad you had a good time :)

R Montalban said...

So glad to hear you had a great time and yes your picture does show the wonderful views. Your weekend was full of romance, and mine was too - posted it for all to see!!!

R Montalban said...

Oh, forgot to say, made the Marmalade Casserole from your cookbook - it was really yummy. It is a bit like what we call bread & butter pudding but actually much much nicer. We had it for pudding, but both Anders and I could easily see why it works well for breakfast as it is like a great Danish pastry. Loved it so thank you for sharing it with me and my family!

Sara said...

It looks so pretty there. Also, i forgot how much I liked White russians. I wonder how early is too early for one. I'm thinking the cream part is a brkfst. food :)

Heather of the EO said...

Wow the beautiful.

and it is my FAVORITE when there's a flashback to the 80's thing going on. Just the other day, I nearly lost my voice after Sweet Child of Mine played. LOVE.

Bossy Betty said...

Love your report AND the view, Ohhhhh! Makes me want to get away! Thanks!

Susan Anderson said...

What a gorgeous spot!

Glad you had fun...

=)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds great. The view is awesome.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Beautiful! And love the music selection.

Ducky said...

I'm clicking my heels three times and hoping to appear just on yonder rock....

I'll text you if it works.....

Anonymous said...

Oh, your weekend sounds lovely.

I.AM.JEALOUS.

...in a good way. ;) Maybe it will inspire me to plan a date, at least.

Katherine said...

What an amazing view. Sounds like a great trip. It makes me want to get away with Hubster so much.

Caroline said...

"I'll stop the world and melt with you. I've seen some changes but it's getting better all the time..."
Ahhhhhhhh. I loved the 80s. and that song. So glad you guys had a great trip.
That view is beautiful. It looks like someplace near where my parents live: Cashiers, SC in the mountains or Mt. Rest. Okay, now I'm homesick.

Now you've inspired me to plan a little getaway with the Mister! :)

Sarah RDH said...

You mentioned 2 of my fav. things here: 80's music and white russians! Sounds like a damn good time to me!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture! What more can you ask for? Beauty and 80's music. Life is complete.