Monday, January 11, 2010

The part where I make good on my promise.

Yesterday was day one of my new life.
I started Weight Watchers
just like I promised myself I would.
I was only starving from 4:30-6:00 pm.
I drank a ton of water in hopes that I could
trick my stomach into believing that it had eaten a Big Mac.
It just made me have to pee like crazy.

Earlier in the day, I accidentally hogged out on 100 calorie snacks.
I ate five points worth of Baked Doritos and
a Little Debbie 100 calorie snack cake.
I don't think that it works that way.

Next time, I'm just gonna eat an apple.

Don't worry though,
I did my best impression of Olivia Newton John
and got physical after the kiddos went to bed.
I did 30 minutes of a virtual workout on Wii Active.
Now my butt is sore
but it will be so worth it soon.

I am a repeat offender of Weight Watchers
so I know the drill.
You count the points,
you drink the water,
you work out,
you don't get drunk
on Vodka drinks
at 7 pm
on a Monday evening,
and BAM,
you get skinny before you know it.

So, I'll report from time to time
when I feel all proud of myself for losing the pounds.
I might even post some yummy recipes now and again.
I'll probably also confess any
moments of weakness that get a hold of me.
Like that one time
when I was doing Weight Watchers before
and I freaked out
and ate 3 candy bars
in one sitting.

It's staggering how much I can shove in my mouth during a good binge.

Enough about me and my fat mouth.
I'm off to drink some water and snack on air.

Thank you for your support.

23 comments:

Steph said...

This is week 2 for me on WW. Yesterday was a bad day. I'm such an emotional eater it was very hard not to indulge! Good luck!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ A Grande Life

BigSis said...

Today is day 11 of my diet, so I totally get what you're going through. We will make it through together!

Ducky said...

Shoosh! Did you join up with Lose It Bitches for support? Check the blog out if not.

Kudos to working out and drinking water and all that jazz!

BTW Olivia Newton John had an eating disorder. I'd say scrap the pic... it would just make me want to eat more...

boots said...

i just started working out for the new year with my best friend, shes on weight watchers too, you guys will do great! keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

i drank a glass of water the other day..which for me not having it coffee flavor is a HUGE accomplishment..

Lee said...

You go girl!! The first day is always the hardest!

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

I am a WW repeat offender too although currently off the wagon - or maybe I am turning into a wagon wheel??

Good luck!

Unknown said...

I did WW and started every day with a Sausage Mcmuffin. I guilted myself into eating right the rest of the day. I lost 30 pounds.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i started eating 'healthy' yesterday too since i had eaten my own body weight in food on vacation! i gained 10 lbs over the holidays - how - and in general i am just over being fat

and i am a ww vet too but i can't bring myself to count points anymore so my diet is this - NO POP AND NO FAST FOOD b/c i don't really buy junk food so if i just quit eating fast food and pop i should be all good

here's to the new skinny us in 10!

Theta Mom said...

Girl, I hear you! On Monday, I wrote a post about this reality...and the need to do something about it. No more excuses!!!

Here's to our new skinny bods! ;)

Existential Waitress said...

You go!!! And love the Jane Fonda image! Reminds me of my youth - lol!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hah, I like your attitude. Good for you!!! And I love the name of your blog.

Good luck with your WW. And thanks for your blogby a while ago. I have been slow to reciprocating.

Unknown said...

Here's a useless tidbit of info for you...if you eat celery (plain, BLAH!) you actually burn more calories than you consume. So, if you like the taste of celery (plain, BLAH!) you could snack on celery-flavored air.

Richard said...

Good luck! I need to shed a few pounds too. But I'm not sure I can cope with a Vodka free diet! :D

Joy said...

I made lifetime member almost 4 way over my original goal of 120. I've been considering getting back on the program but keep coming up with excuses. You inspired me tho! So, I think I'll join you in the WW adventure!

Meg said...

Good for you! I've got weigh in tonight...just finished my 8th week. I'll give the program it's props..it works!

I'm going to check out Wii Active. We have Wii Fit..but I hear good things about the one you have.

Lee said...

I got something for you on my blog

Tami G said...

WHATEVER..... vodka and WATER is like calorie free girl!!! LMAO
Kettle One and water with a lime - my drink of choice ;-)
ha ha

seriously though - GOOD FOR U! I'm so proud :)

Danielle said...

Come join the Loose it Bitches site with me. There is a whole bunch of bloggy support over there

Unknown said...

You go, GIRL!
You are doing great!
I can binge with the best of them.

However, I did not make a new year's resolution to lose weight and so far I am losing some...so maybe I'm doing alright?!!?

Busted Kate said...

Hi, my name is Kate. (Hi Kate) And I'm a WW addict. I've done Weight Watchers four times.

Sigh.

I'm sure you'll do better than me. I think I've figured out my problem, just because you track the points of everything you eat, still doesn't mean you can eat at much as you want.

Allyson said...

you can do it! you can do it!!

keep determined. i know you have it in you :)

Jen said...

Hilarious Post. WW regular here, and I can totally relate.