Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Look, I'm domestic AND skinny.

I've lost 8 pounds on Weight Watchers!
In celebration I'm going to share with you
a recipe that I have made 3 times in the last 3 weeks.
How domestic of me, huh?

Enjoy!

(this is not a picture of food that I made)


Mini White Pizzas with Vegetables
Points Value: 5

4 (6 inch) Whole Wheat pitas
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
1 Medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light garlic and herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
6 tablespoons Asiago Cheese

(I use hummus instead of Alouette and I add crumbled Feta
sometimes I even add Rotisserie Chicken)

1. Preheat Broiler
2.Place pitas on baking sheet: broil 3 minutes
3.Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
Add zucchini, onion, black pepper, and salt. saute 3 minutes or until vegetables
are crisp-tender
4. Remove pitas from oven, spread 2 tablespoons garlic and herb spreadable cheese over pita.
Top evenly with vegetables and Asiago cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.

Then, I pop open a Topo Chico.

Aye Papi!!!



This is the best Mineral Water I have ever had. You can get it at any Mexican Market or you might luck out and they'll have it available on the "International Aisle" of your grocery store. You can make it super yummy by squeezing a little lime in it. You could even get crazy and put in a shot of Vodka.

MMMMM...Muy Bueno!!
Mami Likes!!


BTW...thanks for your well wishes yesterday. I think that I've nursed Griffin back to health and the rest of us have not come down with it at this point. Whew...that was a close one!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Leigh,

This looks delish!!! May have to try soon. Wonder if my kids would eat it...hmmm..

I am frustrated with myself b/c when I work out hard, like I have been, I am STARVING all the time...and I eat even more. And so I'm not losing weight. If I want to lose, I have to go hungry. Some of it is because of my thyroid, but....argh. So frustrating. Beginning to think I should just stop exercising! Then I wouldn't be so hungry!

Ducky said...

Vodka...hmmm? Someone say vodka?

Unknown said...

oooh those do look good. and I have fresh from our garden Zucchini and squash in the freezer hmmmm...

Yankee Girl said...

What a great recipe! In my quest to lose weight I think I will try it this weekend.

I haven't been experimenting with recipes at all and I really need to. Living on processed food is no way to lose weight.

Melinda said...

Congrats! I'm doing weight watchers too, so I am really going to stalk your blog lol Love the recipe!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i make pita pizzas every friday but mine are boring - pizza sauce and mozz cheese. not a fan of the veg on my pizza

Rosy Revolver said...

Oh. I am making this TONIGHT. Looks muy bueno.

Danielle said...

That looks and sounds so awesome.

Traci said...

Congrats Leigh on your great start! I can see why you've had this several times - looks delish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Meg said...

Looks delicious!! and congrats on your awesome start to WW. Keep it up :)

Richard said...

Oooh, I'm really hungry now!

Congrats on losing all that weight! That's awesome!

Holly Lefevre said...

Recipe sounds fantastic...I love using pita to make pizza! I will have to check out the mineral water...because I love it and it sounds so much more interesting that Crystal Geyser.

Beth said...

You go girl!!! And, thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks yummo.
Cheers!

Helene said...

Congratulations on losing 8 pounds...way to go!!

Those pizzas look yummy!!! Keep up the great work!

Alicia said...

whoop whoop!!! dang girl!! that's awesome!! and i'm friggin STARVING right now....btw- mineral water with lime is one of my all time favs :)