Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reality Bites

"You're sorta stuck where you are
But, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars
Or live on Mars
And have it your way."

-The Flaming Lips

These lyrics speak to me. I sang them over and over
today because it was one of those days.
A day where the baby was screaming,
the four year old was whining,
and I considered having a glass of wine at 3:30 pm.

A day where I pouted
because I want to go to the beach
but I can't because Roger used all of his vacation time
to stay home with us the week after Koen was born.

A day where I was so immersed in motherhood
that the only moment I had to fantasize
about my dream vacation
was as I sat on the toilet (lid down, of course, I wouldn't share THAT with you)
and breast fed Koen while Griffin took a bath.

So, as Griffin played with his bath toys
I boarded a private plane
and sipped Champagne.

I strapped a teeny tiny bikini
onto my perfect body
and headed out to the beach for some cocktails
with little umbrellas slipped in them.


It was an amazing trip...
until Griffin sprayed water all over me
with a squirt toy
and I dodged it
and Koen latched off
and then he cried hysterically.

The end.

No comments: