Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday girl!


I had an amazing birthday yesterday. It was simple and quiet and lovely. I should start this Blog by celebrationg the new camera that Roger gave me. It's a Holga 135 and I can't wait to start snapping away.
Then my boys cleaned the kitchen together while I put my feet up and listened to the sweet interaction between them as they cleaned. An almost 4 year old is so eager to learn and help. Best of all, I didn't have to do any of the work. Something as simple as putting the dish washing soap into the dish washer becomes a shining moment of independence. It's a beautiful sight to behold.
My parents gave me a king size load washer and dryer. This is very exciting news for me on the Leigh vs. Laundry front. The washer/dryer that we had before was a small stackable that Roger had purchased in his bachelor days. Needless to say, I skipped around the house on and off all day doing loads of laundry in bliss. You know that you're a grown up when you are thrilled to receive a major household appliance as a gift and then proceed to happily do laundry on your birthday.

I decided that I wanted to eat a big ol' hunk of Gyro meat for my b-day dinner. Roger and I peeled ourselves off of the couch and ate at Great Wraps downtown. An old and messy establishment that has been in downtown Athens ever since I arrived here 15 years ago. We ate Gyros with fries dipped in Feta. It was a feast. Then we came home and watched Semi-pro on DVD. Griffin gave me it to me as a gift and called it a "funny basketball show".

Perhaps the best gift of all, last night we decided on a name for our new baby (which is a boy by the way, more on that later!) Our little guy will be named Cowen Taylor Hewett. Wow, it feels good to say that sweet name.

No comments: